In October, 1951, Articles of Incorporation for First Baptist Church of Seaside were drawn to meet legal requirements for the eventual securing of property. The signers were D.N. Clinton, and Mr. & Mrs. Glenn Yarnell. In December, 1952, an acre of land was found and a deposit made. The necessary papers were executed and the land was purchased.
Mid-Summer of 1953 work was under way on an education building. February 7, 1954, the first section of the building was opened for Sunday School. The attendance was 72. Three servicemen helped conduct morning services: Lt. James Wilson, USN, Pvt. Lorne Ferguson, and Pvt Howard Young.
July 1954, an office building was bought from the Del Webb Construction Co., and moved to the church property. Total cost of the building and mowing was $1,880.00.
February 1, 1956, the Board of Trustees, D.N. Clinton, H.G. Hamilton, A.R. Pina, Kenneth Hastey, Paul Lytle and Herbert Carper, invited Dr. Ralph Mulholland to become pastor of FBC, Seaside. Dr. Mulholland was instrumental in establishing the work here. Previously he had been pastor of FBC Monterey for 8 years.
Later that month an additional two acres of land was secured. During the remainder of 1956 the Sunday School building was opened and the office building revamped for a parsonage.
First Baptist Church of Seaside, CA was formally organized on January 9, 1957, and the first annual business meeting was held.
May 1957 another one-third of an acre was bought. In October of 1957, there was a call to prayer concerning the procurement of an army Chapel from Ft. Ord. Said Chapel had been damaged by fire and was to be disposed of.
On December 23, 1957, title to the Chapel was obtained for the sum of $200.00. Work was started immediately to bring the Chapel to the church property. Feb. 1958, this move was accomplished.
November 9, 1958 the first church service was held in the Chapel building, tho it was far from completed.
Seaside First Baptist Church supported these missionaries during it's early years: